Monday, December 20, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Thursday, December 9, 2010
The Seattle multidisciplinary artist has a postcard of Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera on her refrigerator: "She's on here to remind me to open up; we all have these similar emotional experiences."
Judith Kindler has a new series of photographs, "Don´t Hate Me Because I´m Beautiful". (www.judithkindler.com)
Thursday, December 2, 2010
- DATE: Thursday, December 2, 2:00 pm – 11:30 pm / PLACE: THE FLOPHOUSE BAR
1st anniversary of the Flophouse bar offering cold 10 peso beers and 10 pesos off drinks, with live music. Open from 2 pm on.
- DATE: Saturday, December 4, 2010 – starting 6:30 p.m. / PLACE: COCONUTS RESTAURANT
Grand re-opening of Coconuts Restaurant with canapes and cocktails. The new menu additions look too good to be true: hand made crab ravioli, goat cheese tortellini, seared foie gras, salt crusted red snapper, Thai seafood curry laksa, palm hearts with lobster medallions, Artichoke carpaccio with wild arugula and poached shrimp… mmmm… as well as the old standbys of coconut shrimp, succulent pork chop, etc.
- DATE: Wednesday, December 8 – 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm / PLACE: LA MADERA FOODCRAWL
Fundraiser for the 2011 International Zihuatanejo Guitar Festival and sample great food
- DATE: Saturday, December 11 – 7:00 pm to 8:30 p.m. / PLACE: COCONUTS RESTAURANT
Isahrai Azaria will be giving a presentation on Graphic Design Basics
- DATE: Saturday, December 18 – 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm / PLACE: COCONUTS RESTAURANT
Art Opening: Tropical memories, Tropical Recuerdos. Art exhibit of works by Zihuatanejo artist, Grace Relfe. Grace captures the colors of Zihuatanejo beaches, landscapes and lifestyle in acrylics and oils.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
- The water´s temperature year round is between 75 and 86 degrees
- Storms are virtually non-existent because Zihua is nestled in a natural harbor, so "lost fishing time is mostly margarita-related", says gitanasportfishing.com (1)
- There's always abundant sailfishing, and in certain months it´s mixed up with large yellowfin tuna, blue marlin, dorado, black, striped marlin and roosterfish.
Wednesday, September 8, 2010
"Black-Bellied Whistling Ducks whistle while they waddle into the Turtle Pond for their morning dip. Green Military Macaws and Yellow-Headed Amazon Parrots 'converse' at amplified volumes. The Chachalacas, which resemble wild turkeys, are even more boisterous!," writes Canter, adding: "Jewel-like colibris shimmer in the sunlight, their tiny wings aflutter like high-speed engines".
This might also be your best chance to view safely behind a glass, boa constrictors, scorpions and even marvel at the impressive 60-feet long skeleton of a sperm whale.
A crocodile program is also planned for later this year.
El Refugio de Potosi is a non profit venture, developed and funded by contributions and many volunteer hours, that has earned the support of the tourism community in Zihua and which has become a popular stop on eco-tours such as the serene early morning kayak/birdwatching trip on the lagoon at Refugio de Potosi offered by Zoe Kayak Tours (2)